Wednesday, June 09, 2010

CDS Summer Stamp Off

As many of you know, Clear Dollar Stamps is one of my favorite stamp companies and one that I often refer to on here. The company is having a Design Team Call - the CDS Summer Stamp Off, and I've chosen to apply. Normally, applicants show off several of their recent projects - any kind. For one card this time, they want us to use a sketch and all bright colors. We're also limited to one type of embellishment. You can find the details here.

My first version of this challenge came out .... less than I had hoped. So, back to the drawing board I went ... or rather, back to the Haven I went. :) I'm much happier with this card. :)





This card started with the card base. I took a lattice heart into SCAL, welded them to the edge of a rectangle, did the same for the back of the card, and cut. I love the edge this cut gives the card. It can be used for many different card types. (Imagine it in white for a wedding or baby card ...).












It took quite a while to cut the edge because of all of the 'holes.' It was worth it, though!!

The corners of the orange layer were punched with an EK Success corner punch. It's an unusual one, but it's pretty cool.


















The card base is SU, as is the orange and pink layers. I'm not sure who makes the designer/patterned paper I used, but it gave the card a little bit of a psychedelic feel. :) You can get a bit of a glimpse of it behind the frog image here. The frog, mushroom, flowers, and 'hi' are all from Pond Pals by CDS. They are colored with Copics, and the image layer, as well as the sentiment, are up on pop dots.












I chose to make my strip across the bottom using my one type of embellishment. The embellishments are hand-crocheted flowers with little crystal centers. The little flowers from Pond Pals are also stamped on the orange layer using VersaMark ink.










This was a fun card to make, and I really like how it turned out. I may give it to someone special .... who could probably use a pick-me- up. :)


Have an awesome Wednesday and a great, big, beautiful tomorrow. Use Those Thingies Thursday is up next! :)


~*Shell*~

1 comment:

  1. Love the bright colors and all the extra elements. Great card Shell.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment on my creations. I pray that the Lord blesses you in many ways today!!!