Monday, February 08, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day!

No stamping on this card, but it does work for a challenge on SCS. The challenge (on the Stamp to Spend thread) was to create a Valentine's card in non-traditional colors (the challenge). I needed a card for my 2 year old great niece, and I used the challenge to inspire my colors. YES. It is an out-of-the-ordinary combination, but I really like the way it looks. I think the brown bear could go on anything, though.

The bear and heart were cut using SCAL. I used the bear from this page, imported it to Paint Shop Pro, saved as a .jpg, and traced it in SCAL. The heart is in the basic shape library of SCAL. Photobucket Background, bear, and heart were embossed with the Cuttlebug. I love that little 'edge' embossing folder! It added the perfect touch on this card.

You can't tell the colors very well on this picture, but they are creamy caramel, blissful blue, and almost amethyst - all SU paper and colors.

Another view - Photobucket



Let me know what you think. :)

Have an awesome night, sleep well, dream big, laugh often, smile much, pray incessantly, and have a great, big, beautiful tomorrow. :)


~*Shell*~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment on my creations. I pray that the Lord blesses you in many ways today!!!