Monday, February 22, 2010

Happy 50th and a Challenge

The Stamp-2-Spend challenge a couple of weeks ago was to create a card using the colors on your favorite (or one of your favorites) book. The 7th book in the 39 Clues series came out on February 2nd, and I used it for my inspiration. The colors were brown, gold/yellow, orange, and blue. The card I chose to create was for the 50th anniversary of my cousin (hope she doesn't look here!!!) in March. Because I'm completely taken with the tent cards at the moment, I ran off in that direction with my creative mojo. :)

Photobucket


All colored paper is from SU. The flowers were colored on the stamp with Watercolor Wonder Crayons and spritzed with water before stamped. The card front and white layer were cut with SCAl, as were the scalloped circles. The stamps and sentiments are from SU. The ribbon is from an unknown source. A Gelly Rollz clear glitter pen was used for the little sparkle dots around the scallops.


Photobucket


The inside was embossed with the Cuttlebug. I think the embossed white is just classy. :)



I will try to post again on Thursday night, but it will probably be Friday. I am presently on my way to see my oldest son - my Marine - graduate from the training school he's been in since December.

Thank you for your continued support of my blog!!! I still need thoughts, comments, suggestions, and preferences on what is offered here. :)


Have a wonderful Monday and a great, big, beautiful tomorrow!!!


~*Shell*~

4 comments:

  1. Ooh gorgeous card! I love that scalloped part-that looks kewl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on the challenge, Shell! And I love your Punch Me Not tip too. You are so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous card! I love the watercolor look and the colors you chose for this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh I really like this one !

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment on my creations. I pray that the Lord blesses you in many ways today!!!