Monday, April 05, 2010

Pretty Bitty Bow

There have been a ton of tiny flowers created around here lately. I'm literally 'hooked' on crocheting them. So, for what should I use them?? In the past, they've been used on cards, but I decided to create some to use on a bow for my daughter to wear on Easter. Her dress is pink and white, so that called for pink flowers. The intent was to use pink AND white, but there just wasn't enough time to get both pink and white done. I had 5 pink ones done on Saturday night, so I ran upstairs to the Haven to see what I could do with them.

Four flowers line the length of the barrette and one sat on top of the center two flowers to give a little dimension. A strip of SU's pink taffeta ribbon was used on each side of the barrette, and tiny, self-adhesive pearls were used for the center of 3 of the flowers as well as at the ends of the barrette and on the ribbon. Crystal Effects (SU) was used to adhere the flowers to the barrette, the ribbon to the barrette, and the pearls to the flowers and the ribbon. I wanted the assurance that the pearls weren't coming off, and I didn't trust the 'adhesive' on the back of them. Other than crocheting the flowers, the bow took about 5 minutes to throw together and worked perfectly with her dress.


What do you think?

Photobucket


And in her hair ....

Photobucket


My goal tomorrow is to work in the Haven for a while. My precious princess has a new bed that I need to put together, as well, but hopefully, I will be able to create ... something ... to show on here this week. :)


Please let me know what you think of the bow. No, I didn't use my Cricut or stamps for it, but I couldn't have done it without my stamping/crafting supplies.


Have a fantastic Monday night. I pray that each of you had a very blessed Easter yesterday. Oh, and have a great, big, beautiful tomorrow!!! :)


~*Shell*~

1 comment:

  1. The bow is so cute, great idea...as always you amaze me !

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment on my creations. I pray that the Lord blesses you in many ways today!!!