Thursday, April 08, 2010

Ooh-rah!

My son, as some of you know, is a US Marine, and he's presently in Virginia. We text often, but I've not sent him much real mail. I decided yesterday that he probably could use a little 'happy' mail, so I created a card for him last night.

It's certainly not the most flamboyant or extraordinary card, but I think it will work for him. The shapes were cut using the Cricut and SCAL (bet you knew that... :) ), and all paper is from SU. The stamps are from a Marine unmounted set that I bought online just after Christmas. I stamped it three times without reinking it. The backgrounds were corner-punched with a punch that I've had for several years. Not sure where it came from. Simple black brads were used on the layers.

Photobucket


And, I ran across a great hint for Cricut users today. If you use one, you should check this out!!

Let me know what you think!

My next project is a Tunnel Card.


Hope you have an awesome Thursday night and a great, big, beautiful tomorrow!


~*Shell*~

2 comments:

  1. Yes I am sue he will like it

    I love the way you faded the image out... and basic shapes and solid colors work great with this !

    amazing as always...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Card shell and thanks for the Cricut tip I love the idea and its true I never woul dhave found it on my own.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment on my creations. I pray that the Lord blesses you in many ways today!!!