Monday, August 02, 2010

Mojo Monday

What inspired you this weekend?? VSN mini was Friday night - for those who aren't well-acquainted with SCS, that's Virtual Stamp Night Mini. From 6 PM until 10 PM on Friday night, the hostesses presented us with challenges, one every hour. We had 45 minutes (during the challenge or later, if we needed to wait) to complete our project for that challenge. All challenge items have to be uploaded by 10 PM tonight (Monday) to be considered for the 'challenges.' This event was wonderful for the Mojo!!! I had a great time and created some very 'out-of-the-box' (for me) cards. Go here if you'd like to use the challenges to jump-start your mojo!



For this card, the challenge was state flowers. We needed to complete a project themed around our state, province, county, etc. flower. My state flower is the Cherokee Rose. Here's a picture of one.



The project features NO stamping, but is a shaped card using the Cricut and SCAL. A picture of a real Cherokee Rose was used to create the petals for my rose. Each petal is adhered separately to allow for dimension. Fibers were used to created the center of the rose.








I will post the jpg file for the petals on Friday.



The main event, VSN for August 2010, will be held on August 27th and 28th at www.splitcoaststampers.com. It's a great time with a lot of chatter, mojo, challenges, and inspiration. JOIN US!!!!


Hope you have a magnificent Monday and a great, big, beautiful tomorrow.


****Note - there will be no tutorial tomorrow, but I will post a project. If you have something that you'd like for me to highlight on Tooty Fruity Tuesday, please let me know. I'm running low on tutorial ideas!! :)


~*Shell*~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment on my creations. I pray that the Lord blesses you in many ways today!!!