Monday, August 09, 2010

Mojo Monday

Happy Monday!!! I love Monday; how about you? My Monday is generally spent at home educating my kids, recovering from my weekend, doing laundry, recovering from my weekend, stamping, and, yes, recovering from my weekend. No, I'm not a partier, but my weekends are almost always much busier than I really intend for them to be. I'm very involved in my church, so Sundays are often packed with church-related activities and responsibilities.

This weekend was one of those filled with activity and events. Because I knew that was going to happen, I created early. Ok, so, part of the reason I created early was because it was my precious hubby's birthday weekend, but I *did* create early. :)

This card was created for my hubby's birthday as well as for the Ways To Use It- Stick It Challenge on SCS. The challenge was to use pins or sticks on the project. Some suggestions were ...
Piercing
Use of pins, hat pins etc. as embellishments
Use of an image that is a STICK, limb or etc.
Sewing pins or needles or sewing images
Sewing directly onto a card

So, I chose to sew directly on my card. I've never done that, and I really love the look. I thought I'd have a go at it.



I used a zig-zag stitch around the card and thought that worked really well with the feel of it.











I wanted to set off that adorable spider with the fun polka dots and bright colors.











Stamps : Spider Greetings from Clear Dollar Stamps
Paper : SU (chocolate chip, gable green, black), GP (white), A Paper Studio (dp)
Ink : Memento black, basic brown (SU - for distressing green), Copics (Y17, Y11, R32, G00, G02, G05, E11, E15)
Accessories : Ribbon, pop dots, circle punches, corner punch, sewing machine
Technique : Distressing, sewing on card


Find a challenge to try today!! It's fun and gets your mojo moving!! SCS has a different challenge every day of the week.


Have an magnificent Monday and a great, big, beautiful tomorrow.



~*Shell*~

2 comments:

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment on my creations. I pray that the Lord blesses you in many ways today!!!