Tuesday, October 05, 2010

Fun Technique Time

Today, I went on SCS looking for a fun challenge to tackle. I found one!! Splitcoast has challenges for every day of the week, and one of the ones for Mondays (yes, I'm well aware that it's Tuesday) is the Clean and Simple challenge (today is CAS87). That's one of my favorites. It's all about a clean and simple design, and this one was using the Faux Letterpress technique.

I chose, today, to use the Wedding Bells set. It's a set of 3, but I used only the main image on this one. I thought it would be perfect to use with the swirls folder for the faux letterpress tech.


I inked up the Cuttlebug folder and embossed the white sheet. I cut it down so that it would layer on the gray card-base background. The bells are colored with Copics and layered with the scalloped circles using pop dots on both layers.

The ribbon was used in lieu of other embellishments to keep the card simple. That ribbon is amazing, isn't it?? :) I love it. The sparkles are fantastic!!


Stamps - Wedding Bells by Clear Dollar Stamps
Paper - pink, gray, white
Ink - pink, memento black, Copics (C1, C3, C5, R81, R83)
Accessories - swirls folder, cuttlebug, pop dots, ribbon
Technique - Faux Letterpress





What challenges are you trying this week? I'm hoping to find a few more for some fun.

Hope you have a fantastic Tuesday and a great, big, beautiful tomorrow!! :)


~*Shell*~

3 comments:

  1. Well I have never inked up an embossing folder...so I have another idea to play with now...thanks
    this card is very pretty clean and simple is always good...but you dressed this up very nice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card and great technique!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful need to try the technique I've never wanted to clean my EF's mighthave to try it now..

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment on my creations. I pray that the Lord blesses you in many ways today!!!