Wednesday, September 01, 2010

What did you do this past weekend?? Hopefully, you took a gander at the great sets that Clear Dollar Stamps is releasing today, but did you stamp or create?? I was excited to be able to participate in Virtual Stamp Night at SCS. It has actually turned into a weekend affair now, though, instead of one night. There were 17 challenges, and I completed 14 of them. For each challenge, we are allowed 45 minutes to complete our project. Whew ... lots of fast stamping and creating!! :) Super fun, though.

So, for a while, I will be showing some of the projects I submitted this weekend. Can't wait to hear what you have to say about them.

For this challenge, we had to make a card with some type of window on it. It could be an actual cut out on the card or it could be a stamped window. Alternately, we could make a shadowbox card. That's what I chose to do.



This was super fun to make, and I used my Cricut to cut my card base and the circle in the middle. I also used it to cut the leaves on the front. The Cuttlebug was used to emboss the leaves. I wish that I had thought to emboss the card base, but ... with only 45 minutes, I was trying to hurry!


So, what do you think? I wanted him to look like he was peeking out of a tree. :)




Stamps: What a Hoot (Clear Dollar Stamps)
Paper: close to cocoa, old olive, GP white
Ink: Memento black, Old Olive, Basic Brown, Copics
Accessories: Cricut, SCAL, Cuttlebug, pop dots, ribbon, brads, self-adhesive dots
Techniques: shadowbox card


Tomorrow, we'll look at a challenge involving a new technique for me. It was fun and easy.

Don't forget that Clear Dollar Stamps released their September stamps today!!!


Hope you have a wonderful Wednesday and a great, big, beautiful tomorrow.



~*Shell*~

2 comments:

  1. :) Really cool card Michelle!! I like those shadow/window cards!

    Hey I need you to send me an email - keri lee 79 at gmail dot com with your full name and address - YOU WON THE COPY OF COLORING TECHNIUES FOR CARD MAKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats!!! I hope you love the book! Please be sure to email me your info so I can add it to the list of other winners and we can get these books shipped out!

    K

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice Shell. Love the idea of a window card.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment on my creations. I pray that the Lord blesses you in many ways today!!!