Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Happy Birthday, Hello Kitty .... uh, I mean, Jaydin!!!

Today is my dear daughter's 5th birthday!!! She doesn't know it yet, but I'm taking her to a friend's horse farm to spend a couple of hours. I think she's going to be THRILLED. Anyway, I would be SO remiss if I didn't make my own daughter a birthday card. I did make one ... last night ... BUT it got done. :)


That's what I want to share with you today. She loves Hello Kitty, and she made a very special one at Build A Bear on Saturday. The head on that cat is HUGE!!!!! :) But, she is happy with it.














So, I chose to make a Hello Kitty card for her birthday. I can't wait for her to see it. It's going to be such a big day for her, though, it may just be more than her little self can handle. She'll appreciate it at some point, though.







I took this image and imported it into SCAL. SCAL broke apart the outlines for me and created the layers that I needed. The only thing that it didn't do well with was the bow. So, I went into the Hello Kitty cartridge and made the bow.


















Here's how my version turned out. I changed some of the colors to fit my child, and I added a great Hello Kitty ribbon that I found at JoAnn's on Sunday. I put the image on a piece of embossed cardstock (embossed with the Art Deco folder) with pop dots. Let me know what you think!!
















A close up of the card and layers.

















So, Happy Birthday, Jaydin!!! I love you, my princess.





Have a wonderful Wednesday and a great, big, beautiful tomorrow!!!!




~*Shell*~

2 comments:

  1. Awe this is so super sweet...just like the Princess... I love the colors, great job

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a cute card. You are such a good mommy.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment on my creations. I pray that the Lord blesses you in many ways today!!!