Monday, September 13, 2010

Celebrating Early

Christmas cards. Have you started? Finished? I had great 'intentions' this year. I PLANNED to make about 5 Christmas cards each month. Then, by the time November got here, I would have 50 - 60 to use. Ha!!! Didn't happen .... I did it in January, but lost the momentum. Oh well. Clear Dollar Stamps to the rescue!

My September stamps are Christmas, and I've been making samples and challenge cards with them. LOVE the stamps, and I'm having a blast with the stamps.

Here's one of the challenge cards I made last week. The challenge (Ways To Use It 287 on SCS) was to use twine on a card. Hmmm ... I like using twine, so this one was great!


Using Our Savior's Birth set, I created that beautiful manger with the star. I sponged the edges a bit and mounted it on a shadow layer. The twin is anchored behind the image layers on one side and on the other with a brad. The stitching around the blue layer was done with a programmed stitch on my sewing machine. I thought that stitch was perfect for this card. The label on which the sentiment was placed was cut and embossed using a combo die/folder made for the Cuttlebug called Fanciful Layers, and then, it was sponged with brown. The background layer was distressed along the edges.


Stamps: Our Savior's Birth
Paper: blue, black, brown, white
Ink: black, mustard, blue, blush, brown
Accessories: sewing machine, brad, twine, sponge dauber, Cuttlebug, folder
Techniques: distressing, sewing



Let me know what you think. More challenges this week!!

Have a super Monday and a great, big, beautiful tomorrow.


~*Shell*~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment on my creations. I pray that the Lord blesses you in many ways today!!!