Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Texture

Recently, my battery in my truck died. Now, I don't mean that it died and had to be jumped off. No. I mean that it DIED and *could not* be jumped off. In the past, my daddy was always there to help me in those situations, but sadly, the option of calling him in times of need is no longer available. Fortunately, Dad's best friend lives up the street from my mom. Mom called him, and he came to rescue me. To let him know how much his help was appreciated, I created this card.




The fisherman and the tree/moon stamps came into my collection a LONG time ago. They are unusual stamps as the stamp and the block on which it is permanently mounted are both clear. I have no idea where they came from, but I LOVE stamping with them and coloring the images. The images were stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black and were colored using Copics. The "thank you" stamp is from SU and was also stamped in Memento.












The Creamy Caramel layer was made using walnut ink and by wadding the paper up to distress it. It made a wonderful background layer for the rustic feel of the card. Three large, black brads were used to embellish the background layer.








The card was mailed today. Sure hope he likes it and that he knows how much his help was appreciated.



Tomorrow, I will update you all on my weekend. I was at the CHA Super Show and had an absolute blast. Bought and made tons of stuff!!!! Sooooooo much fun.


Until then, have a great day and a great, big, beautiful tomorrow!!!!!!!


2 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:56 AM

    very cute Shell I am sure he will love it...sorry it made you miss your dad but so great he has such a wonderful friend will ing to help I am sure it made your Dad Smile

    jostvig

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shell. I saw your comment on the Stampee blog and was wondering how you are doing with the foils? I bought them also, loved the make n take projects but am having trouble getting a nice impression with a home iron. I was wondering if you had any thoughts yet? Stop by my blog or send me an email, I'd love to chat with you more!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment on my creations. I pray that the Lord blesses you in many ways today!!!