Monday, July 23, 2007

Yippee! Finally!

I finally made 2 cards. Wow. The first one is a quick card that I needed to send a note to a friend. The other one took a little more time. When in Michael's the other day, I found some cool embossed cards in a big set just waiting to be embellished and stamped. That's what I used on the first card. It was already a great background, and I just added a focal point. Doodle This was the stamp set used - and the little flourish behind the flower was from Doodle That. The watercolor crayons and Aquapainter were used to color the flower. The brad was from a kit that I got on sale. I have no idea what brand it is.




On the second card, I used the set Loving Hearts (I think that's the name!!). I made my own 'designer paper' with the 4-square stamp and, 4 different color inks, and the stamp-a-ma-jig. I like the way it came out, but it took forever. I'm loving (still) those great tag punches that SU put out last year. The cute little square brad was from that same kit that I found on sale. It ties in with the square stamp pattern.





And a special, special THANK YOU to my Quacker friends. They sent a beautiful card - made by Dody!!! - and a gift card to me today. The gift card is to purchase a tree to plant in memory of my daddy. It was such a sweet, sweet, sweet thing for them to do, and I appreciate it so very much.

3 comments:

  1. Shell....


    we just want you to know how much we truly love you! You are a special friend that I hope to meet someday in person.

    love ya
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot.....


    LOVE THE CARDS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute, I have this flower stamp. I need to use it more

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment on my creations. I pray that the Lord blesses you in many ways today!!!