Monday, June 18, 2007

Tutorial ...

I know that the tutorial for the little photo book isn't needed now, but I thought I would give it a shot anyway. Perhaps someone will benefit from it - or I will just learn how to do (or not do) one.



















Supplies:
-chipboard squares (I cut mine with the Sizzix, and I believe they were 3 1/2 inch squares, but you can use any size
-5 pieces of paper to cover chipboard
-hole punch (I used a Japanese Book Drill)
-Mod Podge or strong adhesive
-ribbon of choice
-embellishments

*Step One - gather supplies. I didn't really get all of my embellishements together in the beginning because I work on the fly.









*Step Two - apply strong adhesive. I brushed on a thin layer of Mod Podge to ahere the paper to the chipboard squares. Put paper on squares and allow to dry if necessary.













*Step Three - punch holes. Using the top part of an SU! order form as a guide, I punched the holes. For the cover, two holes are punched on the left-hand side. For the other 'pages,' holes are punched on both the left and the right sides.


























*Step Four - mat the pictures and embellish the pages. For this one, I used some fun stickers to embellish.
















*Step Five - tie ribbon. Attach each 'page' to the other with ribbon. I made sure that the ribbons tied inward in all cases except for the first set that attaches the cover to the first 'page.'
















You can see below how the ribbons are tied.


















*Step 6 - fold and tie. Fold the book up accordian-style and tie with a ribbon until time to give as a gift or show off!!! I simply used a ribbon to wrap around the closed book and tied it.


:) Happy Stamping!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing! I have yet to try this.
    Your photos are great.
    Cute little book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:30 PM

    Hey Shell...thanks...it really turned out great, and with your instructions, I think even I can do one...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tutorial.... I have some coasters and will probably try something like this with them... but it will have to wait for a while.... toooo much going on this week!!!

    Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous7:30 PM

    Ok that is a cute idea!!! And simple enough to do all in one day!!! Just the kind of project I like to tackle!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment on my creations. I pray that the Lord blesses you in many ways today!!!