Wednesday, November 10, 2010

The Tooth Tin

My daughter is growing up. Yep. It happens. I hate it .... I REALLY hate it, but I hate the alternative even worse. Anyway, I thought I'd have a little time before we got to the 'loose tooth' stage, but, alas, no such luck. She turned 5 in September - with a loose tooth. Now, it is VERY loose, and very well may come out while we're on vacation. So, in an effort to not lose the loose tooth, I made a tin for her to put it in so the tooth fairy can find it. We've never used a tin with the boys, but we might as well make it easy on the "tooth fairy," right??? :)


The tin was in a 'goody' bag bought for $2 at Michael's earlier this year. Originally, it was a 'Crayola' tin.


















The teeth were cut with the Cricut and SCAL. They were sprayed with Shimmer Spritz and covered in Glassy Glaze. The shimmer shows through the clear glaze pretty well. My glitter pen was used on the fairy's wings, and in the 'sparkles' around.















Ribbon was wrapped around both the lid and the side of the tin. Small pearls are dotted around the entire tin.












Stamps - a Fairy set from ... somewhere?!
Ink - Memento, Copics
Paper - pink, black
Accessories - SCAL, Cricut, pearls, ribbons, butterfly crystal, tacky tape




Hopefully, this Tooth Tin will get some use while we're gone. She really wants to lose the tooth in Disney!


Have a great Wednesday, and a great, big, beautiful day!!



~*Shell*~

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous tin! I am sure Jaydin loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. danssister11:20 PM

    Beautiful tin! So, did you get to use it at Disney?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment on my creations. I pray that the Lord blesses you in many ways today!!!