Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Welcome Spring

April 1! Wow. I can't believe how fast this year is flying by. My April challenge kit arrived yesterday in the mail, and I took a brief opportunity to put together a card with it tonight. My 3 year old has been extremely sick (but is on the road to recovery), and we're stuck at home for a while. So, up to the Haven we went tonight for a little while. She watched Psalty the Singing Songbook while I took a little while to create.

The green layer, designer paper, orange-ish layer and image (on top of polished stone) came with the kit. I removed the polished stone inside each flower petal and the leaves, and colored the petals with Copics. I matted the image with pop dots on the green layer. I added the gray taffeta ribbon and little paper flowers, along with the mini brads in the center of the flowers.








The image up close. I was pretty pleased with the effect of the Copics after I removed the polished stone from the petals. Turned out pretty cool. I've never seen it as an effect before, but someone probably did it long before me. :)












I'd love to hear what you think.


Hope you are having a great Wednesday, and a great, big, beautiful tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment on my creations. I pray that the Lord blesses you in many ways today!!!