Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Fun night here! Jonah made a card, and I made 2. Yippee! Time got away with us, too, as we were creating and having a good time .... and while Jaydin was destroying my photo contraption. ::rolling my eyes:: The pictures tonight were taken with a cardboard box top as the background. Sorry. Not as good of quality as before.



Here's Jonah's card for a friend. He used Whale Wishes and some patterned paper. He was pleased, and I think he did a great job!










This card was made for one of the kids in our deacon families. He will be 6 in March, and I thought the By Land set fit that age pretty well. Again, the card isn't fancy, but works well for the purpose. I cut out the car - please keep in mind that I HATE to cut anything out ... that's why I have a Cricut - and used torn paper for the background hills. The car was spritzed with water and colored with the WWC. It was stamped on Whisper White. Big, silver brads embellish the wheels. I sponged Ballet Blue on the top for the sky.




My Cricut card for the night .... I used the Cricut, Accent Essentials cart, and the George cart for this one. I can imagine doing this card in several other fun colors. This combo kind of turned out looking like Christmas. It's two of the current In Colors by SU. I believe it is Wild Wasabi and Purely Pomegranate. I stamped the flourish from Friendship Blooms on the petals and embellished with a big, yellow brad. The flowers were welded together and welded to a rectangle before being cut. Then, the pomegranate layer was cut separately. I sponged Going Gray on the wasabi petals to give a little distinction.







Here's the promised Cricut card for my friend. Yep, her name starts with "M." I welded the "M" shadow to a rectangle and cut it. I then cut the regular "M" and adhered it on to the shadow layer. Embellishing was all that was needed after that. I hope she likes it!! I thought it turned out pretty cute.





As always, I'd love to hear what you think - and I'm sure Jonah would love to know what you think of his card, too!!!



Stamp happy, and remember that there's a great, big, beautiful tomorrow at the end of each and every day. :)

4 comments:

  1. Love the Cricut cards! The M one is very cool. Great job, Jonah! Love the whales, they look so cozy there in the middle of the card:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What awesome cards Shell!! I love how you used your DSS!! They totally turned out!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow.... I so love your "M" card

    ReplyDelete
  4. JONAH!!!!

    Cute card! I love the designer paper you chose for the whales.... I'm sure your friend loved the card.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment on my creations. I pray that the Lord blesses you in many ways today!!!