Saturday, February 16, 2008

Finally!!!

Today was creation day! LOL! Ok ... so maybe not *that* dramatic, but I did manage to create a bit. I'll try to share some today and save some for later this week.

As I mentioned before, my dh has asked me to do cards for our deacon families. I needed to get one more done for February, and start March. The last one that I needed to do for February was for a child turning 1. Since that card is mainly for the parents, I didn't make it too cutesy. For this one, I used the Cricut cartridge Celebrations for the candle '1' and the scalloped square. Craft white was applied directly to the edge of the chocolate chip paper after it was embossed with the swirls Cuttlebug folder. On the card base, I stamped the smiley face from Smiles - a long-retired set. Some cute , brown, gingham-checked ribbon was tied on each corner to give some fun embellishment to the card front.





The other card that I'm sharing today is really nothing special. It's a good card for just about anyone. I'm going to use it for one of the adult males that I need to send to. It, also, satisfies one of the Quacker challenges - the circle one - from December/January. The top part was done as a whole sheet and cut down to fit this card. The bottom was embossed with the Cuttlebug and a silver Brilliance pad was rubbed lightly over the top. It looks a bit like old metal. Chocolate Chip ribbon was used to embellish.


A little bit of my Haven decorations ....




All of the decorations were done with the Cricut (many different cartridges) and either Wall Pops or some wonderful vinyl gotten from SignWarehouse.com, I believe. Fun, fun, fun stuff - and so easy to cut and manipulate. I'm not finished, but I really wanted to share some of it. I have some vines and monkeys ready to invade my Sunday school space tomorrow. We'll see how well it works on concrete walls. Nothing ever sticks on there very well.

Coming later this week ... a cute card made using the Cricut and the Cricut software. Awesome combo, let me tell ya!!!


Until I post again, have a great weekend and remember that there's a great, big, beautiful tomorrow at the end of every day!!!! :)

4 comments:

  1. Love the Cricut stuff - can't wait to see the card you made with it:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally cute!!! I love how you used your vinyl. Very bright and fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:43 PM

    Love your Haven decorations!!! How do you ever leave that room???

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your vynil signs you have been more busy than I have with your bug. Very cute

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment on my creations. I pray that the Lord blesses you in many ways today!!!