Friday, November 04, 2011

Clearly Inspired #39

Color Challenge time for the Clearly Inspired Challenge!!

Color Challenge -- Use the colors Red Velvet Cake, Spring Leaf, Gold, & Cottonball White. If you don't have those colors come as close as you can.




All I could think about with those colors were Christmas, but I forced myself to think outside the box and came up with this ....



The background embossing was done by using 1/2 of a embossing folder on one side of the paper, flipping the paper, and using the same half on the other side of the paper. I really, really liked how that worked. After it was embossed, I brushed the embossed area with gold ink to give it an antique look. The same gold was used on the sentiment layer.


Card Recipe -
stamps - Mark 16:15
paper - red velvet cake, spring leaf, white
ink - black, gold
accessories - nesties, Cuttlebug, ribbon, folder, pop dots

Head over to Clearly iStamp to get all the details on this challenge!!!


Hope you have a wonderful Friday and a great, big, beautiful tomorrow!!!


~*Shell*~


4 comments:

  1. Now aren't you a clever girl, going non-Christmas with these colors!!!! And it is a beautiful card too!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes such a pretty card , that elegant look is good with you...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, Shell!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Shell! I'm loving your embossed and antiqued look for the background paper. . .stunning and genius :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment on my creations. I pray that the Lord blesses you in many ways today!!!