Thursday, February 10, 2011

Hoppy Poppin' Frogs

On February 7, the Technique Lovers' Challenge was to create a Sliding Pop-Up card. What a fun sounding card!!! I had to try it.

Well, I think I had an 'attack of the stupids' because I just couldn't grasp all of the tutorial. I did, finally, get it done, though, and I like the result. I will do it again ... and HOPEFULLY this time, it won't take me nearly as long to complete the technique.



This is the card closed, the way it would be received. All of those great shapes are cut using the svg file for the Hoppy Frogs set.






Here's a close-up of that adorable frog. Doesn't he just make you smile?


This shows the complete card standing on it's own. I wanted that little frog to look as though he was so happy that he just had to throw all of those flowers in the air with excitement. Hope that's how he came across. The mushroom was cut from white paper and colored with Copics.





Another svg frog and flower were used on the sentiment layer. I just couldn't resist!! I wasn't sure if it would still close ok or not, but took the risk. It paid off. No issues closing it. I will remember that when I go to make another one!

Card Recipe:
Stamps: Hoppy Frogs - Clear Dollar Stamps
Paper: blue, light blue, dp, green, white
Ink: black, white craft, Copics - W3, W5, G94, G99, G21, G24, E31, E33, E37, Y26, Yr61, Y06, BV00, R81, R46
Accessories: Cricut, SCAL, Hoppy Frogs SVG file, circle punch, tacky tape, pop dots, ScorPal
Techniques: Sliding Pop Up




You should take a chance and try out that tutorial. It's a fun card to make, and it will definitely give you some oohs and ahhs when it's opened. I'd love to see what you come up with!!



Have a thoroughly thrilling Thursday and a great, big, beautiful tomorrow!



~*Shell*~








3 comments:

  1. Oh Shell, this is out of this world fabulous!!!!!! Totally adorable!!!! Let me know if you need my address, I'd be happy to take this off your hands!!!!! LOL!!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. AAWWEESSOOMMEE!!! This looks like a lot of work, thankfully you hav the SVG to make it a little easier! I just think this is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing job!! Thanks for sharing! :) Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment on my creations. I pray that the Lord blesses you in many ways today!!!