Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Tooty Fruity Tuesday

Ready to tie dye ... the non-messy way?? :)

Today, you'll need a white piece of cardstock - I prefer, and used, GP white with my Copics - and Copics in your choice of colors. I chose rainbow colors for my background. I wanted the 'groovy' look. My Copic colors were BV08, R46, YR16, Y15, G05, and B29.













Beginning in the center of the paper, color in a circle for your starting color. I started with BV08 ... purple. Feather the color out from the center to make your tie dye 'lines'. Don't make this perfect. I've never seen 'perfect' tie dye.

For this background, I used the 'brush' nib on the Copics.









Add your next color - Red for me. Feather this color out from the first color. Again ... don't try to be perfect, and don't try to cover every little bit of white.
















Continue with your next color. Rainbow colors should be done in order .... purple, red, orange, yellow, green, blue. You can start at any point of these colors, but do keep them in order - for example, if your center is orange, the order is orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, red.

Feather each color in, overlapping the previous color to make the tie dye effect. Go all the way to the edge of your background paper.








This is after doing all 6 colors.














I, then, go back and blend the colors a bit to make them flow a little better and to make the color change a little less drastic without using more colors in my tie dye.









What will you do with this fun background?? Here's my card ....















I added some groovy flowers, brads, and shapes to my background to make a fun, happy card.








The flowers are from the Feeling Groovy cartridge for the Cricut. I also used the Cricut, SCAL, and the stamp set Happy Thoughts from SU. Paper - GP white and all other is SU. Along with the Copics, I used Memento Black ink. Pop dots were used to adhere the flowers and shapes to the card. Basic gray cardstock was used behind the tie dye layer.



Come on!! Show me your tie dye!! Change it up a little - use the chisel nib on the Copics for a different effect. Change your color selection or starting point. Do it in pastels. Whatever! Just give it a shot, and let me know how it turned out.


Have a terrific Tuesday and a great, big, beautiful tomorrow!


~*Shell*~

2 comments:

  1. hart2heart10:45 AM

    Love this tie dye card Shell! What a great way to make a cool background. The smiley brads are perfect for this groovy card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:36 PM

    great card Shell!
    Jane Butts

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment on my creations. I pray that the Lord blesses you in many ways today!!!