Saturday, January 09, 2010

Prayer Cards

Isn't it always a challenge coming up with an idea for teachers' gifts? Since I homeschool, I don't have school teachers for whom to buy or create something. Instead, I sometimes give to the Sunday school teachers and Wednesday night workers that work with my 4 year old each week. This year, I needed to go inexpensive, and I decided to use some of the wonderful tools and supplies in my Haven (what a novel concept, huh?? USING my stuff... :) ).

In early December, I placed an order with Clear Dollar Stamps, and bought this wonderful stamp. I thought it would be wonderful to use for prayer cards and journals. Hmmm ... this might be just the gift for our church workers! These were also gifts to some of my family members. I made 12 of them, I believe.

I used SCAL to cut the covers (with hole) and the inside cards (again, with hole) using this font. If you don't have that font, you *really* need it!!! It's a huge time-saver and perfect for so many things.











After cutting, the inside cards were stamped, front and back, with the Prayer Card stamp. The covers were decorated using stamps, embossing, and embellishments. Each journal is different. A binder ring was used on each journal to hold the pages and covers together. Using the binder ring allows more pages to be added later.





Paper - SU (colored paper) and GP white
Ink - SU (colors and white) and Memento black
Accessories - Cricut, SCAL, pop dots, brads, ribbons, Cuttlebug and Cuttlebug folders, binder rings, Copics for coloring
Stamps - Clear Dollar Stamps (Prayer Card, Prayer Journal, Whatever, and others)










These were a pleasure to make. I hope that the recipients enjoy them and *use* them. :)

I'd love to hear your thoughts on these! :)

Hope you have a fantastic Saturday and a great, big, beautiful tomorrow!!


~*Shell*~

1 comment:

  1. What a terrific idea! These turned out beautiful. No wonder you enjoyed making them.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment on my creations. I pray that the Lord blesses you in many ways today!!!