Friday, January 18, 2008

More fun

The Cricut software is SO cool. I think I've mentioned that before, but it sincerely continues to amaze me. I really love it and all of the options that it opens up for us.




Jaydin had a party to attend yesterday, so I put together a simple card (sorry that the picture isn't very good - I didn't take the picture until after it was attached to the bag). I designed the card with Sophia's name cut out (from Zooballoo) and a party hat (from Celebrations) on top. I stamped the flower and crown from the Pretty Princess (I think??) set on the front and used the "Happy Birthday" from the same set on the inside. A piece of taffeta ribbon was tied and put below her name. I put the celery behind the pink to show off the cut outs a little better. She was thrilled to see her name on the card!!



Yep, my little social butterfly has another party to attend tomorrow, so I had another card to make for that. Again, I put her name on the card (using Printing 101), but I designed this one a little differently. I used the shadow function and welded each letter to the card (cut from Zooballoo). I, then, cut the letters out individually without a function enabled. That gives the letters the shadow look on the card with a cut out edge. Again, the party hat is from Celebrations. The scalloped circle is from Mini Monograms. I cut a piece of the darker pink to use as the layer on the card, and I ran it through the Cuttlebug to emboss the paper with the Happy Birthday folder. The brads were added to the corner of the embossed piece to add some interest to the top. The ribbon adds a little fru fru for a special little girl. The white circle was punched using the SU 1 3/8" circle punch. The flower from Pretty Princess (I think - again) was used to stamp on the lighter pink as a bit of a background. OH yeah .... When I pulled the card off of the fairly new mat, it curled quite a bit. I decided that I really didn't want to start over or waste the paper, so I kept it. While I was embossing the dark pink layer, I thought about running the card through the Cuttlebug without a die or folder. I did that, and it flattened that sucker out!!! Yippeee!!!!! Another use for the Cuttlebug and a card saved. :) I think Madeline will like her special card!


If you have a Cricut, and you haven't tried the software - you really need to!! It is truly awesome!!!


Have a great, big, beautiful tomorrow!!! (I'm hoping for SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

3 comments:

  1. Wow Shell!! How did you do that with the name??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shell!!! I am impressed. Of course, totally confused about how you did the name for the lower card....go figure...I almost called you tonight for help at the crop, but it was last, so I figured you wouldn't want me bothering you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome cards!

    I so love how you put the name on the edge of the second card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment on my creations. I pray that the Lord blesses you in many ways today!!!