Monday, November 12, 2007

Experimenting


Don't you just love the Cricut???? Another Quacker challenge needed to be met, so why should I meet it alone?? My Cricut joined me, and together, we made some cute little ornaments. These meet the non- card challenge on the thread and might be something that I can refine and use for other things. Please let me know what you think. I really thought they turned out pretty cute.


The snowman ornament was the first one. His base is cut from SU silver paper using Mini Monograms (the reason that I don't want the scallop punches!) at 4 1/2, I think. Before the snowman was cut, I used the Cricut marker to draw him out. I reloaded the paper, and the snowman was cut from Whisper White using Christmas cheer. It was cut at 3 1/2 and colored using the SU watercolor crayons and the AquaPainter. I used silver cord for the hanger and for a little band around his hat. Red grosgrain ribbon is tied on the bottom and snowflakes are stamped in Basic Black on the base.




The base for the tree ornament is cut the same as the snowman. I used the marker again before I cut the tree. I just love that effect. The tree is cut from Whisper White using Christmas Cheer and colored with SU watercolor crayons. Punched dots adorn the background to give it a little interest. Red grosgrain ribbon, white grosgrain ribbon, and silver cord are tied to the bottom. A few little dots of Stickles were used to make the tree sparkle just a little.



Let me know if these have any worth. I think that I would do a little more to them in the future, but I didn't have the energy tonight. The idea is set in my mind, though ...... :)


Have a good night's rest ..... and a great, big, beautiful tomorrow!!!

10 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:21 PM

    Those are darling!!!!! Excellent idea!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Nice Shell, they would make great gift tags too. I also think they meet a cricut challenge also, Dont they?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute Shell.... I really like the snowman!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous7:09 AM

    Very cute Shell.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:49 AM

    what a great idea...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Darling! I think they would rock as gift tags!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous12:45 AM

    Very cute!!! They're going to look great on the tree!

    ReplyDelete
  8. so you didn't tell me that you have a blog too. I'm over at the Card Castle.

    http://www.thecardcastle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are very cute! great projects!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous11:31 AM

    ewwww, do you call that talent?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment on my creations. I pray that the Lord blesses you in many ways today!!!