Sunday, September 09, 2007

Creation Day

Wow. Yesterday was great. I managed to make 4 cards. I made 3 birthday cards and one card for the SCS VSN. I did manage to get it uploaded by the deadline, but I almost didn't. My internet has been spazzing out every night around 7 PM. Grrrrr. What's up with that?!

Anyway, here are my creations.....

This card was made for Jaydin's friend that will be 2 this month. The "2" is cut from the Cricut cartridge "Celebrations" and so was the party hat and it's shadow. The hat is done using the polished stone technique with Ranger alcohol inks. I used some great little clear stamps that I got at Michael's for the background and some iridescent ink to rub over the "2". The ribbon is some extra that I had in my bucket. I have no idea where it came from, but it really worked for me on this card.





Don't you just love those Watercolor Wonder Crayons?!! They work soooooo great for leaves and such. This card was inspired by using the fall colors. I used the WWC directly on the stamps for the leaves, and I used them to color the acorn in the circle.





This card looks SO much better IRL because the background is polished stone using gold, slate, and meadow alcohol inks. I really liked the colors and the way they mixed. The background is weathered, with the oak leaves from Lovely as a Tree on the bottom. That's stamped in creamy caramel on creamy caramel. The more mustard is pierced in the lower left-hand corner, but I'm not sure you can see it. The tree image is watercolored with WWC and an aquapainter.



The other card is uploaded to my gallery on SCS because I entered it in the VSN thing. It is a crayon resist card in fall colors.

I sure hope I get to create like that again soon. It was fun!!!

4 comments:

  1. Very cute Shell, I was able to see all the detail just by clicking on the pictures. Very Nice Glad you had a fun day

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute, cute, cute cards!!!! Love what you are doing lately! I'm glad you also like your PD cart. We will have to chat later about that one. What a fabulous cart, huh!!??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:27 AM

    Beautiful cards!!! The birthday card is soooo precious! Great job on all of your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:02 PM

    I truly enjoyed this visit to your blog...looks like your creative flow is flowing well... woo hoo

    everything here is wonderful, love the fall stuff...but I bet you knew that...

    great work Shell...I cannot wait to see more... thanks for all your inspiration...in life and in fun...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment on my creations. I pray that the Lord blesses you in many ways today!!!