Monday, September 02, 2013

Groovy Gal

Happy Labor Day!  I hope everyone found time to do something they love today.  We were suppose to take the kids to piano lessons today, but that got canceled at the last minute.  So, I was able to head to the Haven to play. :) 

I decided to work on the challenge sketch again and see where I could go with it.




My Groovy Fhiona needed to be used and colored, so I got her out for this one.  After I colored here, I needed to cut her out .... and I missed it just a little when I put the die on.  I almost trashed it, but decided I could still use her.  What do you think??  Do the holes in her head distract you???? (made you look for 'em, didn't I??? :) )




A die from Clear Dollar Stamps was used to cut the image layer, and a Spellbinders' die was used for the background of the image.  The awesome Peace Sign was cut using a die from the Groovy die set by Your Next Stamp.  The "groovy" and flowers were also cut with YNS dies from the Goovy Die Set.  I used Copics to color little miss Fhiona. :) 

Ok, I'm really tired tonight, so I think I'm going to try to get to bed early.  Another challenge card will be posted in the morning.

Have a wonderful Labor Day and a great, big, beautiful tomorrow!


~*Shell*~










4 comments:

  1. super cute thanks for joining us at Your Next Stamp

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep the colors are GROOVY lol
    I really like some of the new dies, I may go check that site out...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super groovy! Thank you for playing along with our YNS challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh so fun! All those die cuts look so great with the image :>) Thanks for joining us again at YNS and I see you gave the fall image a break ;>) No worries, new challenge starting this Friday, you can pull it out again ;>)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment on my creations. I pray that the Lord blesses you in many ways today!!!