Monday, April 09, 2012

Happy Easter!

 Happy, happy Easter!!!!  I hope that you had an amazing resurrection Sunday and that you celebrated our Lord in grand style. :)  We had a wonderful day at church and with family.

My little princess wore her new dress .... the one I made!  :)  I know, it's, SERIOUSLY, not a very complicated or fancy dress.  I get that, BUT .... I made it!  It turned out so sweet and perfect for her.  She was so proud to wear it and to tell people at church that her momma made it. :)  We were both full of smiles.


After I sewed the dress, I wanted something for her hair .. or head.  I don't do well making bows, so I went looking for a free, EASY hat pattern.


This little sun hat was perfect!!!  I found the pattern on the Craftzine blog. It's so easy.  You have to cut 12 pieces, but they are all the same - 6 of one fabric and 6 of another.  It's a reversible hat. :)  Super cool and super easy.  I put a small bow on top with long ribbons hanging down the back.  That tied it in with the pink ribbon on the dress.  The inside of the hat is the light pink, which is what the underskirt of the dress is made out of.  I hope to make several more of the hats.  It will make a precious summer hat.




I hope to create some tomorrow, but we'll have to see how the day goes. :) 




Have a wonderful evening and a great, big, beautiful tomorrow.




~*Shell*~




1 comment:

  1. Way to go, Shell! That dress is darling, especially on your gorgeous little girl ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment on my creations. I pray that the Lord blesses you in many ways today!!!