Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Oh, Happy Day

A great day to create, I think. :) I didn't get much done, but I did get one card created. I also helped my 6 year old make a pillow and blanket. :)

The colors look a little screwy here, but you can see some of the details.


My inspiration for this card came from a couple of challenges. Strangely, the colors came from the CAS challenge on SCS. This card didn't turn out to be CAS, but the colors came from the Family Circle magazine cover that the challenge was using this week.

Stampin' Sisters In Christ had a challenge to be very opposite of a CAS card ... use everything! I used a lot on this card, so I hope it counts for that.

Cute Card Thursday has an 'anything goes' challenge going.

Card Recipe -
stamps - misc. set from Hobby Lobby, Christian Friendship (Clear Dollar Stamps)
paper - dp, lavender, pink, white
ink - brown, black
accessories - ribbon (under lace), lace, Spellbinders' dies, Designer Labels dies(Clear Dollar Stamps), other die, flowers, pearls, Sheer Shimmer frost, pop dots


My princess got creative today, too. She wanted to make herself a pillow. When she brought me the fabric she had chosen, we found that it was big enough for a pillow and a blanket to match. Yes ..... she's a John Deere fan.

I helped her put the lace on, but she very carefully sewed her pillow by herself. :) She did a great job, and I'm very proud of her.

I'm still working on her Easter dress. I just need to put the buttons, hook and eye, and pockets on. Then.... we'll be done! :) I can't wait for her to wear it on April 8th.

I hope you are having a wonderful Tuesday and that you have a great, big, beautiful tomorrow.


~*Shell*~

4 comments:

  1. Jaydin, you did a wonderful job on your sewing today : )

    Shell the card seems to fit a few challenges, good for you, I never can seem to accomplish that...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shell, your card is fabulous! Love all the intricate details you added to it.

    Jaydin did a wonderful job on sewing. Love that she is a John Deere fan too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty card! Love your daughter's pillow , she is very clever. Thanks for playing along with us at CCT.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card. Love all the layers and textures.

    Such a cute pillow and blanket. That's fabulous that she is already learning to sew. She did a great job.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment on my creations. I pray that the Lord blesses you in many ways today!!!