Friday, September 02, 2011

Clearly Inspired ...... PSYCHO-duck-lic..... :)

I love the vibrant colors and fun style of the 70s (minus the bell bottoms!!) ... tie dye, peace signs, and psychedelic fun. The Clearly Inspired Challenge for today calls for us to use patterned paper. How fun is that? And when I saw the new digital paper pack by Trudy Sjolander - True-ly Colorful Collection - I knew I had to use it on my project! How cool are those papers?! Love 'em!


So, I had my tie dye background ..... where do I go from there???



Well ..... I added a duck - a blue one .... and some smileys .....

This is what I came up with. I call it psychoducklic. :) We couldn't have the duck be a nice normal yellow or white, could we??? Of course not. I made him blue and his bill green, added some glassy glaze to his bill and feet. Stamped some peace signs on the background with fog ink and added some embellies. What do you think??? I totally love the vibrant colors on this card. That paper is so perfect. :)

Card Recipe:
stamps - fuzzy ducky, peace out
paper - berry blast, True-ly Colorful Collection (pink and blue tie dye), gray, black
ink - fog, black, pink, amethyst
copics - 0, B32, B34, B39, RV14, BV04, BV08, YG03, YG06, YR04, G94, G99, C3
accessories - glassy glaze, pop dots, floral trim, smiley brads, white gel pen

For the details on this challenge and to have an opportunity to WIN .... head over to Lori's Blog - Clearly iStamp. I can't wait to see what you come up with when you create with patterned paper!


Don't forget to join us on September 18th for our monthly blog hop!! You do NOT want to miss what the design team has for you this month.


Hope you have an amazingly creative Friday and a great, big, beautiful tomorrow!!

~*Shell*~






1 comment:

  1. Haha, you make me laugh, Shell! Psycho-duck, HA! I love your card with all of those great colors :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment on my creations. I pray that the Lord blesses you in many ways today!!!