Friday, May 30, 2008

Not My Best

Ok .... so, I've decided that this is not my best work, but I'm ok with the card in general. It's such a cute, cute set, how could someone go wrong??? The picture in my mind just didn't come together quite right on paper.

Anyway .... Here it is. I used the Pond Pals set from Clear Dollar. It's stamped with SU Basic Black and colored with the SU WWC. The matting is done in Gable Green and Night of Navy. Basic Gray taffeta ribbon is at the bottom of the blue and has a little oval (punched with the SU small oval punch) embellished with little flower brads and watercolored in Gable Green. The Gable Green layer is paper pierced on the top left and bottom right corners. The mushroom and frog are both cut out and put on pop dots. Have I ever mentioned just exactly how much I HATE cutting things out??! I even cut around those cute little flies on the side. This card and set just called for those images to be cut out.


What do you think??

5 comments:

  1. Hi Shell, I really, really like this one! Love how you cut around the flies - cute touch:) The taffeta ribbon is great with this design too. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it Shell!! I was actually going to buy this set but never did. I might have to rethink that decision! Totally cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:19 PM

    it is all cute... , just a different look from you...( said with love)

    SoniB

    ReplyDelete
  4. As we already know I'm not an expert in these sorts of matters...history craftiness is my game....but I love this design. It's interesting, and I love the 3-D kind of thing going on with the mushroom and frog. I give it a grade of "A" with two snaps up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I really, really like it! This hopping frog is just too cute! I love the added touch with cutting around the flies on the side too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment on my creations. I pray that the Lord blesses you in many ways today!!!