Sunday, May 22, 2011

Mother/Daughter Tea

On May 7, our church hosted a Mother/Daughter Tea in celebration of the Mother's Day holiday. What a wonderful, fun event!!

About 19 ladies signed up to host a table. We had to decorate the table (in our choice of theme), serve our tablemates, make sure the guest felt welcome, set up the food on our table, and clean up. For weeks, I thought about our theme. I wasn't sure which direction I wanted to go. I'm not a very 'serious' or 'fru-fru' kind of person, so I knew the theme would be something fun. In the beginning, I thought that I would go with Cinderella. Then, I found out that our plates would be green ...... Yeah, NO. That would not work with Cinderella's signature blue.

Next thought???? The Princess and the Frog! YES!!! I could go with a fun theme that would not clash with the provided plates, tea cups, and glassware. :) I was happy. Hopefully, my guests would be, too.



This is the final look for our table. There is a 3-tier stand in the middle of the 'lily pad.'


Our Princess and her frog. :) This shows the middle of the table without the 3-tiered stand. The sign tells the name of our table and explains the meaning of F.R.O.G. (Fully Rely On God).


Each guest at our table received a tiara (because we're ALL princesses) and a goody bag. The goody bag was adorned with a frog magnet and held a small frog finger puppet and frog lollipop.


The place mats for each place setting was round to be similar to a lily pad. :) The napkins were cloth and a very pretty green that went very well with the darker green plates and place mats.




Gotta have a napkin ring, right? :) I added the yellow/gold crown on the purple ring to add a little spice and color to the green theme.


I used my Cricut (obviously) and SCAL a LOT in this project. It was SO much fun to put together and even more fun to share with our tablemates. Now ... I need to get some cards done to thank them for joining me! :) More frogs to cut out. Monday .... I can do it all on Monday ... :)




Have a wonderful Sunday and a great, big, beautiful tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Adorable idea Shell and great tablescape!!! You are so very clever gal!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment on my creations. I pray that the Lord blesses you in many ways today!!!