Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Cleaning Up and Creating

It has been a long time since I've really created. Last night, I had a chance to do just that. The Haven was calling.

At some point, two previously-created graduation cards were ... misplaced. Replacements had to be made, and that was my first task of the evening. It adds a special touch when the cards can be created using the graduate's school colors, but one of the invitations got lost in the mail on the way to our home. I have no idea what colors her high school used, but I do know that she's going to Auburn in the fall, so I used blue and orange. Hopefully, that will make her happy. :) The other graduation card is done in red and gray for that school's colors.
















The main stamp used on both graduation cards was from Hobby Lobby. I really liked this stamp for the focal image. The background images were from a Studio G set bought at Michael's.










Two weeks ago, I had a hysterectomy (YIPPEE!!!!!), and so many wonderful friends brought us meals and sat with my dear hubby while I was in surgery. Thank you notes were in order. Before the surgery, I had created several cards, but I needed another one. That was my other 'creation' task for the night.

Cutting many layered shapes at one time with the Cricut makes putting simple cards together easy and quick. The focal layer and layer behind it were both cut in SCAL using the font shown here. At the same time, I cut scalloped circles, squares, and such of varying sizes. These are kept in a box with colored layers on one side and white, stamping layers on the other.

The flower images (SU) were colored with Copics and stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black. The organdy ribbon is SU, and the background images (SU) were stamped using Versamark.


I also managed to clean up my work area. I didn't want to do too much, but it was good to get that done.


Have an awesome day and a great, big, beautiful tomorrow!!! :)

3 comments:

  1. Fantastic cards Shell!

    ReplyDelete
  2. danssister11:47 PM

    Great cards! Love the personalization of the grad cards with the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the cards I need to look for that grad stamp..It does look like a nice one

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment on my creations. I pray that the Lord blesses you in many ways today!!!