Sunday, October 12, 2008

We're Back! :)

Back from vacation and on a roll with challenges. As I think I mentioned before, I receive a challenge each month from a different person on our challenge swap thread. I have failed miserably to keep up. I did June and July pretty quickly, but got behind when I received August and September. Just yesterday, I managed to get both of those challenges done. I still need to get October done, but I still have over half of a month to do that. :)

This was the challenge for August. We were sent the images, ribbon, cardstock strip, pearl, and designer paper. We could put them on any color card base. I chose an SU green (the one in earth elements), and put the designer paper so that the lines were going horizontal so that I could have the ribbon stripes going the same way. I colored the image with watercolor wonder crayons, blended the colors with a blending pen, and put ink on the edges (going gray) to soften it a bit. This was a little more simple than I wanted, but I like the way it came out.





September Challenge - we were sent the images, flowers, pink cardstock strip, saffron tab, brad, sentiments, googly eyes, and designer paper. We were told to use some of each thing and to add some 'bling' in the form of some kind of glitter product. This is my result. The Cuttlebug was used to emboss little flowers on the cardstock strip. It's one of the border folders that I bought last month. I cut out the little dragonfly, colored him with watercolor wonder crayons, and added some stickles to the purple wings. The frog was colored and the edges of the layer was inked with green to bring it out a bit. The designer paper was used to look a bit like grass, and the sentiment was inked to make it a little 'grass-stained.' The flowers were combined to make the double colored flowers and to give some dimension. Inside the flowers, I used a white gel pen to make little accent dots. The googly eyes fit perfectly on the frog.



So ... what do you think??

October challenge will be next. I will try to get that done this week.

Hope you all have a stamp-a-riffic night and a great, big, beautiful tomorrow (I heard that 8 days ago IN PERSON. :) )!!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:26 PM

    Very cute!!!! Love what you did with your supplies!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment on my creations. I pray that the Lord blesses you in many ways today!!!