Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Not Paper

Ok ... this is definitely not a paper craft project, but I'm very pleased with how this came out. In several weeks (6 weeks from Friday), we're going on a cruise. Recently, I joined the DISboards and found out about Fish Extenders. These are wonderful little pocket things that hang from the little fish note holders outside some staterooms. I created mine today!! Here are a few picture - keep in mind that I am NOT a seamstress in ANY form of the word. :)

Yep ... that's my Fish Extender .... It's made from pirate map fabric, with Mickey, Marines, flames, and princess fabric for the pockets. There is batting on the inside to make it a little stronger and stiffer. Craft sticks hold the top straight.










This is the pocket for Jared, my oldest. Everything is top-stitched. I did this to make it easier on myself, and I really think it looks better that way.








Here's the top of the FE. It shows the pirate fabric a little better, the little bows, and the top pocket.








Later this week, I plan to have a tutorial (photo) of welding in the Cricut Design Studio. It was requested by some friends on the Cricut thread on SCS. Just know I'm working on it!!!

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:07 PM

    how creative... great choice in fabrics too...
    , Soni B

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is just too cute. I love how each family member has their own pocket, I really like the flame fabric. Too cool!

    You will have to tell me later about the things that will go inside the pockets. What are YOU going to give?

    I'm so excited for all of you....What a once in a lifetime trip. I hope you blog something about it each day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:27 PM

    Bravo!! That's really cute. Love how the fabrics match a family member. (Kinda reminds me of my mom's 80th B'day quilt.)
    And congrats on entering my favorite 'domain'...fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  4. very cute...looks like a fun project to have for home also...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous12:49 PM

    Looks great! What a cute project! You did a great job, seamstress or not!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great way to personalize each family member! I really love this idea. I hope it's filled with lots of goodies!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment on my creations. I pray that the Lord blesses you in many ways today!!!