Saturday, January 31, 2009

Copics on Stamps?!! Oh, Yeah Baby!

There are articles out there about using Copic markers on rubber stamps. I have to tell you, the thought of putting alcohol ink on my precious stamps freaked me out! I finally couldn't stand it anymore, though. I HAD to try it.


I colored the truck with the markers. Then, setting the truck aside, I used my blender to get the entire area of the paper wet. When it was wet, I applied the already-colored stamp to the white GP paper. It stamped BEAUTIFULLY!!! I was thrilled. Of course, my next move was to apply a bunch of Stampin' Mist to the stamp and let it sit for a few minutes. It has a conditioner in it. Hopefully, that will help my stamps to not dry out. I must say, though, that I loved using the inks in that way and will do it again. :)



All paper was SU except the white. It was Georgia Pacific. VersaMark is used in the background and on the 2nd truck layer.





The '2' was cut using my Cricut (original) and SCAL. I don't remember what font I used, but it worked perfectly for a 2 year old's birthday.










On a side note, my very *dear* hubby has been working on a stamp shelf for me to hold my individual stamps. It is so wonderful, and I just want everyone to share in my excitement.






No. This is not the exhaustive supply of my individual stamps. I have gone through my stamps and have chosen these to put out for the moment. I have some that need to be mounted on wooden blocks (blocks generously sent to me by Sue!!) and some that I may pull out from my storage boxes. I have 5 tackle boxes (BIG) full of stamps that are presently not out for use.

Anyway, is this shelf great or what?! I have an awesome husband!! Hmmmm ... maybe I should tell HIM that. :)






I hope all of you have had a phenomenal Saturday and a great, big, beautiful (and blessed!!) tomorrow.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:08 PM

    yes it is awesome, I sur hope he makes mine a bit smaller...lol

    guess who

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:28 AM

    Great card! Glad you're still loving your Copics, too! Love your shelf, what a great storage place for those stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Copics,Oh My!!!...this card is adorable...I love the LO and the colors....and it looks so simple..
    Oh and I want your shelf..you can mailit to me right and just let Dh make another one...Rats you're probably having him make another one for you;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute card! That shelf is something else! You lucky duck! It's wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment on my creations. I pray that the Lord blesses you in many ways today!!!