Tuesday, October 21, 2008

October Challenge Card

I was in charge of sending out the October challenge for our group swap on SCS. Because we were headed out on our cruise at the end of September, I made up the packs early and sent them out. I've just gotten an opportunity to try it, though. For the challenge, I used Ahoy, Matey from SU. I used the set to make several pieces of 'card candy' and also sent several separate images from the set and some ribbon. The challenge was to use at least one piece of the 'card candy' and the ribbon to make a GIRL card. They could use images if they wished and could change them in any way, but couldn't take anything away from the card candy pieces. A piece of purple cardstock was embossed with a Cuttlebug folder and included - but mainly to protect the items in the envelope. Participants could use the cardstock if they wished, but it wasn't required.

So ..... what did my card look like? Here ya go...

I used watercolor pencils to color the ship on the blue paper. I used white first and then put the other colors on top. I did use a blender pen to blend the colors a little. It tends to take away the pencil 'stripes' from the initial coloring. Craft ink was used on the sides to accent the piece, and the ribbon was tied on top. A little bit of clear Stickles was used on the little purple flag. Nothing was done to the Ahoy Matey skull piece. The purple, embossed cardstock was highlighted first with light pink pigment ink and then with white pigment ink. The ink was swiped in both horizontal and vertical directions to give a little bit of a linen look to the piece. A small piece of bling was put in the center of the flower that shows the best after the card candy pieces were put on there. It was all put on a white card base.


So ..... what do you think????? I think it turned out kind of neat.

As always, happy stamping and have a great, big, beautiful tomorrow. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment on my creations. I pray that the Lord blesses you in many ways today!!!